Call Jobcentre Plus on this freephone number 0800 055 6688 for new claims, or contact 0345 608 8545 if you’re currently in receipt of a benefit.
Jobcentre Plus is the brand under which the Department for Work and Pensions is able to provide welfare and benefits to working-age UK citizens who for one reason or another is not employed, cannot be employed or is otherwise earning a very low allowance.
If you wish to contact Jobcentre Plus to claim your Jobseeker’s Allowance, then you can go directly to their portal here: https://www.dwpe-services.direct.gov.uk/portal/page/portal/jsaol/lp
You can also call Jobcentre Plus at 0800 055 6688 by telephone, 0800 023 4888 if you’re using Minicom or textphone and 0800 012 1888 if you prefer to speak to them in Welsh. These lines are open from 8am-6pm during weekdays.
If you’re unsure about the benefits that you can receive or just want to calculate how much the benefits you are entitled to is, then you can use either of the online calculators here: http://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou and here http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/
These are free and are sanctioned for use by the UK government. Be honest with your answers so you can get an accurate result. You’ll be required to report your income, expenditures, savings, existing benefits and council tax bill accurately, so you should have these ready.
If you have some questions about claims and benefits that you are currently receiving, then you can call the number that corresponds to your particular concern below. You can also use these numbers if there are some changes in the circumstances of your life that affects the specific benefit you are receiving.
The numbers and benefits are as follows:
- JSA (Jobseeker’s Allowance), Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, Employment or Support Allowance – Contact them at 0345 608 8545 by telephone, 0345 608 8551 via textphone or 0345 600 3018 in Welsh.
- Maternity Allowance – Contact them at 0345 608 8610 by telephone, 0345 608 8553 via textphone or 0345 608 8674 in Welsh.
- Bereavement – Contact them at 0345 608 8601 by telephone, 0345 608 8551 via textphone or 0345 608 8772 in Welsh.
- Social Fund – Contact them at 0345 603 6967 by telephone, 0345 608 8553 via textphone or 0345 608 8756 in Welsh.
- Universal Credit – Contact them at 0345 600 0723 by telephone, 0345 600 0743 via textphone or 0345 600 3018 in Welsh.
- If you wish to call the National Jobcentre Enquiry Line, then dial 0345 604 3719 on your telephone, 0345 608 8551 if you’re on a textphone or 0345 604 4248 if you speak Welsh.
If you want to find a job, then you can use their portal here https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch or call Jobcentre Plus at 0345 606 0234 on your telephone, 0345 605 5255 if you’re on a textphone or Minicom and 0345 606 7890 if you want support in Welsh.